Friday, April 11, 2008

Kyu Won's Journal 9

A Snowy day ( for show and tell)

Good morning teachers and my fellow students. Today I'm going to show and tell about a snowy day in Korea. I chose this topic because I have missed the cold season so much in this hot weather in Singapore. I think it's a blessing that we can live in four different seasons.

I have a lot of memories to make me happy whenever I recall the snowy days. One day last year we had a heavy snow. When I woke up I found a white world out of the window. How fantastic! A fairy land! I was so excited and awoke up my sister in a hurry. We ran out to make snowmen. My parents came out to join us. You know even grownups get excited on a snowy day? We made snowmen , big and small. Have you ever made a snowman as tall as you? I did. Frankly speaking, not by myself, but with my family all together. We tried tp build an igloo but we failed. The arched roof kept falling apart. It needed some special skill.

My favourite winter sport is snow sliding. Near my grandmother's house there is a steep hill.
The hill changes into slideing place every winter. Once I begin sliding, the speed gets faster and faster. So fast that I used to be afraid it would never stop. That thrill was so attractive to me .

How much I miss Korean winter and snow! Later when I go back to my homeland, I will roll myself in the snow, and do everything again and again.

Thank you for listening and being attentive.

No comments: